Reporting to the VP Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of logistics and transport. Its expertise will be leveraged through the planning and organization of administrative, operational and strategic activities related to logistics and transport.
- Manage the transport and logistics by sea, land, air and rail of purchases;
- Manage the entire customs process in the import and export of material while ensuring compliance with laws and standards.
- Consolidate transport between all divisions of the Terravest group
- Provide an advisory service to managers, in terms of logistics and transport;
- Develop ways of doing things that will meet the growing demand for production and the strategic objectives of the organization
- Optimize the cost of the service while optimizing theprocesses related to supply and logistics
- Research and select the best carriers;
- Negotiate contractual agreements with carriers;
- Develop constructive and collaborative working relationships between the factories of the Terravest group
- Support the VP procurement in various mandates relatedto his skills.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, procurement or administration
- Ten (10) years relevant in the field of logistics and transport
- Excellent understanding of the transportation tools available on the web to manage ground transportation
- Excellent knowledge of the logistic and transportation principles
- Excellent knowledge of customs requirements
- Excellent command of Excel;
- Bilingualism (French and English), spoken and written;
- Knowledge of the steel market (asset);
- Great negotiation skills
- Leadership, good management skills and communication skills;
- Sense of organization
- Analytical and synthetical mind;
- Ease of working in a team;
- Availability for occasional trips to Canada;
- Ability to organize and coordinate several files and projects simultaneously;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company in full growth and in excellent financial health;
- Dynamic and stimulating environment;
- Competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
TerraVest Industries inc. is a diversified industrial company engaged in the manufacture and sale of goods and services to various end markets, including the energy, agriculture, mining and transportation sectors. TerraVest is focused on the acquisition and operation of leading businesses that will benefit from the financial and operational support of the Company. TerraVest Industries Inc. is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (stock symbol: TVK).